STEVEN GERRARD: Mourinho would have been perfect for Liverpool

Below are the excerpts of from Steven Gerrard's book as serialized by sportsmail.

He discussed how Mourinho would have been successful with Liverpool and his respect for the Chelsea manager.

"It was clear that, tactically, he could set up his team to win any football match. He could spoil, he could fight, he could do whatever you needed because he was a pure winner. But, more than that, he created a special bond with each squad he managed."

"You heard it in the way his players spoke about him. You saw it in the way they played for him."

"For me, the ideal situation would obviously have been for Mourinho to have managed Liverpool."

"He was linked with a move to Anfield a couple of times but it never materialised. I know I'm biased, but I think it would have been a perfect match."

"The Liverpool fans would have loved him and he would have known exactly how to turn that love into adoration."

"He always told me about his deep respect for our supporters. Jose would have had a fantastic time bringing huge success to Liverpool."

During those distressing days when I felt so torn about whether or not I should stay or go I never once thought to myself, 'I want to play for Chelsea instead of Liverpool'.

My head was almost turned because I was thinking, 'I'd love to play for Jose Mourinho'. I was certain that, under Jose, I would win all the trophies I craved.

Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

Lover of sport. Football enthusiast in general. Fc Barcelona fan and writer.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Endevour to tell us what you think about what you just read.