Griezmann working hard to catch Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo

Antoine Griezmann has been on fire since the season started. From pre season till date the former Sociedad player has been Atletico's top performer.

He scored Atlético de Madrid's winner in their opening day victory over Las Palmas.

While speaking to Onda Cero's 'Al primer toque' he told them just how settled he is at Atleti:

"I read that people thought I was going to leave this summer, but I'm really happy here and if the club wants me to stay, I'm happy to".

"The Calderón is like my back garden. I'm with my people. They have my back and we go out and give it our all".

He also spoke of the club's aim to have a great season:

"The club has worked hard to make some good signings. We'll achieve great things with these new players". Of course our fans want us to win the title again"

"We signed ten new players last year, which made it tough to repeat what we achieved the year before, but we had a good season and finished third. We want to improve on that this year"

When asked how many goals he was going to score this season, he said:

"I don't know how many, but I want to score more than 25, which was my tally last season.

He also spoke of his ambition to compete with Messi and Ronaldo:

"I'm working to catch Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo up".

Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

Lover of sport. Football enthusiast in general. Fc Barcelona fan and writer.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Endevour to tell us what you think about what you just read.