Thiago reveals injury agony

Bayern Munich midfielder Thiago Alcantara has revealed the extent of his physical and mental anguish during his year out of the game following knee surgery.

The Spaniard says that his life is now "back to normal" after a year which sleep was the only escape from his injury agony.

It will be recalled that he suffered knee ligament damage in training last October, leading him to undergo surgery for the second time in the space of seven months.

He made his return to competitive action in Bayern's Bundesliga opener against Hamburg on August 14 and is now looking forward to kick-starting his career.

"I have achieved the goal I had for a year," he wrote on his Facebook page.

"My life is back to normal.

"I'm happy; this was the challenge I had to meet. Now I'm starting again from zero."

"Sleep was the only thing that comforted me. I spent all day with my hand on my knee.

"Even going to bed bothered me because the simple act of moving the sheets reminded me of the knee.

"Only when I started to sleep was I at peace."

The ex Barcelona heaped heavy praise on Dr. Ramon Cugat, who performed the operation on his knee.

"He's not just the best orthopaedic surgeon in the world but also the best psychologist,"

"He spent hours with me - even on a Sunday - to see not only how my knee was, but also my head.

"He did a fantastic job. He believed in my recovery at all times."

The player who is of Brazilian descent and born in Italy will be looking to nail a place in Pep Guardiola's star studded midfield. 

Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

Lover of sport. Football enthusiast in general. Fc Barcelona fan and writer.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Endevour to tell us what you think about what you just read.