Vermaelen: "I Now feel like a proper Barça player"

After spending his first season injured. Thomas Vermaelen has been fit for some time now.

Not only that, he has also been enjoying first team action since the season started.

The Belgian is loving playing football again after an injury wrecked first year at Barcelona.

He admitted not feeling like he contributed to last season's treble success, he has however been delighted to play his part this time round:

"Now I feel like a proper Barça player. Things are starting to go well for me".

The Belgian also revealed he is feeling more like his old self:

"I'm not afraid to get stuck in anymore and I'm nearing my best form".

He also believes things can only get better:

"How the pre-season went was very important. Although the Spanish Super Cup didn't go well, I'm happy with my performances and with starting the last two games".

The former Arsenal captain has started the last two games after starting the season as last choice defender while also benefiting from Gerard Pique's suspension.

Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

Lover of sport. Football enthusiast in general. Fc Barcelona fan and writer.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Endevour to tell us what you think about what you just read.