Pedro reveals Iniesta helped to ensure Barça departure

Chelsea new boy Pedro has revealed the details of a conversation between him and Barca captain Andreas Iniesta.

In an interview with Marca he said of all the conversations he had: "I think the most important one was one I had with Andrés when it looked as though I wasn't leaving.

"I explained my situation, which was complicated and called for patience."

"He understood and did his best to tell the club that, if I wasn't happy, it should do everything in its power to help me leave."

"He behaved like the great captain and teammates he is. That touched me."

He then spoke to Iniesta, a close friend and teammate for both club and country, when it became clear he was finally on his way out of Barcelona.

"The player I spoke with most was first-team captain Iniesta."

"He understood my situation. I told my closest teammates, like Andrés, Jordi Alba or Busquets, what I was thinking. They understood my position."

He also revealed the role played by his ex teammate Xavi :

"He called me to congratulate me when the deal went through".

Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

Lover of sport. Football enthusiast in general. Fc Barcelona fan and writer.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Endevour to tell us what you think about what you just read.