David Luiz: Gary Neville is a learner, he lacks respect…

The former Chelsea defender was severely criticised by the former Man Utd defender following Brazil's 7-1 defeat to Germany in the World Cup semi-final likening the Brazil international to a 10-year-old on a PlayStation.

The PSG defender has now replied the sky pundit. He said while he holds no grudge against the England coach he suggested the former Manchester United full-back showed a lack of respect by comparing him to a 10-year-old on a PlayStation.

While speaking to Bleacher Report Luiz said:

"I think that respect is imperative,"

"I'm not saying that people have to like me or that nobody can criticise me. Do it with reason and balance, though, with responsibility. Not lacking respect."

"You can criticise someone, say they didn't play well. That's fine. When Gary Neville talked about me being like something out of a video game, that's the sort of thing that lacks respect, especially because he was a player."

"But I reacted in a positive way because I know that he's learning, and he's growing into a new profession. I think he realised that he'd made a mistake, and he spoke well of me later on. These things happen."

Despite the criticism, the former Chelsea player can still pat himself on the back as he was part of Laurent Blanc's 2014/15 treble winning side.

Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

Lover of sport. Football enthusiast in general. Fc Barcelona fan and writer.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Endevour to tell us what you think about what you just read.