Douglas Costa - I have replaced Ribery very well

The 24-year-old who joined Bayern Munich during the last transfer window has been arguably the team's top performer.

Tasked with filling the void left by club legend Ribery the Brazil international has fit seamlessly to the club style.

The former Shakter Donetsk player has surprised a lot of fans and proved his former coach Mircea Lucescu who thought the 24-year-old was not yet at Ribery's level by having a blistering start to life at his new club.

While speaking to reporters, Costa stated his belief that he has gotten off to a good enough start: 

"Guardiola has trusted me from the beginning 100 per cent

"I felt immediately at ease in the team. I think I have filled the gap that Ribery has left since his injury well.

"I have to use this opportunity. When I came to Bayern, everyone was talking about Arjen Robben and Ribery.

"I have given it my best.

He also stated how much he likes the style employed by club coach Pep Guardiola:

"Guardiola is a coach who prefers attacking football and we doing the national team also we have a lot of possession, you can see it in our games, this fast paced play I think suits me."

The €30 million signing from Shakhtar Donetsk has gotten off to a bright start at the Allianz with two assists and one goal in his opening three Bundesliga appearances. Bayern will hope he can keep up his good form as they hope to win the treble this season.

Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

Lover of sport. Football enthusiast in general. Fc Barcelona fan and writer.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Endevour to tell us what you think about what you just read.