Revealed: Mancini almost signed Balotelli for Inter

The former Manchester City boss has revealed he thought about bringing back Mario Balotelli to Inter Milan as a possible replacement for Mauro Icardi.

It would have been the third time both men would be working together after working together with Inter Milan and Manchester City.

He also stated his belief that the striker is Italy's best option for the upcoming Euro 2016.

Speaking to La Gazzetta dello Sport he admitted the thought crossed his mind:

"Yes, I admit it is true, seriously, I thought about it at some point when we believed we might need a replacement for [Mauro] Icardi. I thought about it because I know him, I love him and I know what he can give.

"I thought about it because he has to go back to being what he was. I thought about it, but that came before AC Milan signing him.

"I want to think forward to the next European Championships, because I see no better striker in Italy."

Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

Lover of sport. Football enthusiast in general. Fc Barcelona fan and writer.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Endevour to tell us what you think about what you just read.