Must Read: Best bits from Jurgen Klopp's first Liverpool interview

The first interview of the German was posted by Liverpool on their website at about 8am, he was officially be unveiled at a press conference at 10am.

We have the full interview given by Jurgen Klopp as Liverpool manager to LFCTV. Here are the best bits:

What attracted you to LFC?

'Everything, all I heard about, all I read about, all I felt. I love football and the intensity of football in Liverpool is what was very, very good for me. I always thought about working in England because of the intensity of football and Liverpool was first choice.'

How do you feel?

'Great, I have no other word for this. Today was a crazy day, all that happened in Germany and all that happened here. It is a great feeling for me, a great honour and one of the best moments in my life. It feels like a dream.'

How much are you looking forward to managing at Anfield?

'My English is not good enough to express this. I am pretty excited, I want to see it, feel it and smell it, do everything. I came here with Dortmund one year ago and for me it was historical. I have been some places in the world with football but this is the most special place. This is the most historical place and I don't know how I will feel, but it will be good.'

About the supporters...

'It's only this game because of the fans, that's what I know, think and feel. We have to entertain them, we have to make their life better. Football is not so important, we don't save lives. We're not doctors. It's our job that they can forget their problems for 90 minutes and then they can talk about the game. That's how I want to live. If I'm not a manager, that's how I would live because I love this game so much. I want to be as close as I can to the fans.'

Will you need to adapt to English football?

'I don't think about this. I know English football, I watch so many games and we play against English teams. It's only football, don't forget. It's a game and we have the same rules, the pitches are similar in size. It's not so difficult. My experience is listen, see, feel and then see what you change. We have played football for a long time, I was a player, now I'm a manager. I don't want to make it too complicated.'

Challenges...

'This is maybe the hardest challenge at the moment in world football. This is the most interesting job in world football. It's not so bad, it's 12 points. But I read the newspapers and it is a disaster. But it is only six points to other positions in the table. But nobody is satisfied. I know what I want. First I have to talk to the players of course and we have to find a common way. We will find a common way. It is not such a bad thing to be a friend of mine because I am really loyal.'

Current squad

'I'm here because I believe in the potential of the team. Everything is good. In this moment, we are not the best team in the world. Who cares? We want to be the best team in the world in the next day. The important thing is we have speed, technical skills, tactical skills, everything. I'm not a dreamer, I don't want to have Cristiano or Lionel. I wanted these guys.'

What style of play can we expect?

'A wild one. In football, all the world class teams play possession football. That's cool. I like to watch this. Bayern Munich - great team, great club - Barcelona, Real Madrid, on some days Man City. The first thing always, maybe even in life,is to have a stable defence. The first thing always. You can only stay confident in a game if you know each offensive move of the other team is a goal. We can start our development today. If it's possible, can we be the hardest team to beat in the world? Let's try this. First of all, we have to talk with all LFC fans - what are our expectations? Expectations can be a big problem, it's like a backpack. 20kg more. It's not cool to run with this.'

Success won't happen overnight... what are you hoping to achieve?

'Success. I don't know, that's what we have to talk about. I don't know what they have to watch. If you think, there's Man City, Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham - they want to be successful in the table. It's not important what I think in this moment, it's what we can do together to change our situation. At the moment, the LFC family is too nervous, too pessimistic, too much in doubt. They all celebrate the game but they don't believe in this moment. History is great but it's only to remember. Now we have the possibility to write a new story.'

Message to the supporters...

We have to change from doubters to believers. Now.

Transfer structure at Liverpool...

'It's a really funny thing, there is absolutely no problem between FSG and myself about this. If two smart, intelligent guys sit together at a table and they both want the same, there's not a problem. I don't want to spend money the club doesn't have. Nobody will sell a player I want to work with. Nobody will do a transfer without my 'yes.''

That concludes the best excerpts from the German manager's first Liverpool interview.

Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

Lover of sport. Football enthusiast in general. Fc Barcelona fan and writer.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Endevour to tell us what you think about what you just read.