Di Maria reveals fight with Van Gaal led to departure

The Paris Saint-Germain midfielder who arrived in England to much fanfare last August in a club record €75 million, has revealed he had numerous problems with Dutch coach Louis van Gaal which ultimately led to his Old Trafford departure.

He also revealed the problems he had fitting into Louis van Gaal's philosophy. The Argentina international signed with United following Champions League-winning season with Real Madrid.

However, despite starting well, Di Maria struggled to adapt to life in the Premier League which led fo him joining French champions Paris Saint-Germain for €63m earlier this month.

He however made an impressive debut off the bench for his new club gainst Monaco assisting the third goal in the 3-0 with a fantastic through ball for Ezequiel Lavezzi from his own half.

He talked about the reasons he left United with ESPN Radio:

"Van Gaal has his philosophy and one of the reasons I wanted to go to Manchester United is because of that factor."

"However, it was difficult to adapt to Van Gaal's workings. I had a couple of run-ins with him.

"It started well for me but then I got injured. When I came back, Van Gaal changed my position. When I spoke to PSG coach Laurent Blanc he said he'd play me in the position I had for Real Madrid."

Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

Lover of sport. Football enthusiast in general. Fc Barcelona fan and writer.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Endevour to tell us what you think about what you just read.